2013/01/30

Evening serenade.

Yesterday I finished up a bit of wood which had been dragged down by my muscular family.  It had been cut to lengths but I still had to split and stack it.  Quite a bit of softwood found its way to the wood pile - nice and dry from sitting in the sun for two summers - and a bit of hardwood.  This should take us through the end of the winter, but we'll keep going as processing firewood is a year-round activity.



While I was stacking the wood last night, I heard a coyote howling.  At first it was the iconic long, lonely howl with a couple of yips to start.  But, by the time I ran upstairs and got the camera, the coyote was pretty much done.  I don't know how well you can hear this, but I did manage to catch the last bit of his solo.



No comments:

Post a Comment