2012/11/07

Thank doG!

Warning: This is a political post.  I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but my excitement can hardly be contained this glorious morning!

I was almost moved to tears this morning when I heard the news out of the US.

Another term for Obama, three more states to legalize same-sex marriage (Maine, Maryland and FINALLY Washington State).  I can't believe it!


In other news, spent a chilly night up at the house, but things are going well. The dogs and I were snug as bugs in rugs as the temp dipped to -6C last night.  Just before midnight I called Laur to see how the boy was doing (he's got a wicked cold, but otherwise fine) and was delighted to see the stars shining through the window.  After the call, I stood out on the deck for a few minutes and stared in wonder at the glorious Milky Way.  I can't tell you the last time I saw the MW.   Although I can see the lights from a few homesteads twinkling across the valley, the lights from our neighbours are all obscured by the trees - even in fall, when the leaves have dropped.  With the sound of the creek down below, it makes for an incredible sense of solitude.

And, finally, the most important announcement of all - HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY to our beautiful son! 

Photos of the house, coming soon (as soon as I get a connection from which I can upload).

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to the little man! What an exciting year 5 will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work Leanne. Sounds great. Love you MOM

    ReplyDelete