2012/11/23

A night at the Evergreen...

Kookum and Mooshum invited us for dinner tonight, and we had my new favourite dish - Kookum's mac 'n cheese, made with love! I don't know how she does it, but that is the best mac and cheese I've ever had in my entire life.  With a fresh green salad and her secret dressing, I reveled in the tastiness of it all.



To top off our Friday evening,  another fantastic performance at the Evergreen - standing-room only for Mo Kenney and Royal Wood!   I don't know how David O'Leary (the man with two names) does it, but that little theatre attracts the most amazing performers.

Although I left Royal's show early, I thoroughly enjoyed Mo.  It's been a long time since I've been intrigued by a folky, queer, acoustic sound, and I've missed it!  I'm looking forward to following Mo's budding career.

With all the people in attendance the parking lot was full!  I immediately regretting bringing Dirty Gertie when I tried to get out from my parking spot - with cars parked perpendicular on either side of the lot and parallel down the centre aisle, the truck was almost too big to navigate the tight turn and narrow thoroughfare. 

Luckily, Mo was also leaving and spotted me as I tried to get out.  What a champ!  Nova Scotia is so full of amazing, talented and kind people.  If it wasn't for Mo, I'd probably still be there, listening to Royal.

Still no sign of our belongings from Regina, but at least we can put the camp chairs and card table away - we now have a sofa!  And a dining table! And six (count 'em, SIX!) proper chairs!  A bed!  A dresser!  Bookcases!  Knives! Bake ware!  And here I thought power and hot water were such a luxury!

We'll likely have another small fire in the new fireplace tomorrow morning, because I'd like to have a proper burn in the evening. A little wine, a nice fire, perhaps some music playing in our new stereo...

You're gonna see a smilin' face, fireplace, cozy room
And a little nest nestled where the roses bloom

Just Molly and me, and the baby is three

We're so happy in my Blue Heaven


Tonight finds me again grateful for good friends, good food and good music. All under another beautiful Nova Scotia night-sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment