2013/02/20

School is cancelled again...

Seventh (I think) cancelled school day. Huzzah!
Today, I'm not sure why.  Maybe other locations in the valley have had a bit more weather than we've experienced.  Could also be that we live on a busier road so traffic has neither diminished nor slowed despite the slope coming down the mountain.

Coming from the prairies where winter temps are normally mid-minus twenties, wind blows incessantly and roads are almost always covered in ice, it's taking me a while to figure out what is a cancelled school day and what is a regular school day here in Nova Scotia.   Of course we didn't have the freeze-thaw cycle that is common here and I can understand how that can lead to dangerous road conditions.

So, today I shrug and try to keep the boy busy with quiet tasks so as not to disturb Momma's work.


No comments:

Post a Comment